COSMIC GIRL CLOTHING is RECRUTING.
We are seeking a creative, dress designer/seamstress
to join our brand.
From the most flirtatious frilly lace French knickers of the 1920s and 1930s up to 1950s sweater girl inspired bullet bras and silhouette enhancing high waisted briefs. It’s not just about lingerie, we produce a lavish collection of vintage inspired nightwear in sensuous satin and lace that caress the skin beautifully and outerwear such as batwing tops and cruise pants. Our designs are all made in Derby England, by our skilled team of conscientious seamstresses who are dedicated to delivering the finest quality products.
As part of our growth plan Cosmic Girl is looking to produce beautiful outerwear pieces which draw their influences from the 50’s and 60’s with emphasis on high quality beautiful fabrics coupled with excellent fit. A hands-on approach is required, being able process designs from the sketch pad to the finished garment.
Freelance Fashion Designer Duties and Responsibilities
• Draw, sketch, and plan designs
• Create first samples – A good knowledge of sewing procedures, with ideally the ability to overlock and lockstitch to produce finished pieces
• Work closely with our seamstresses / cutter, with a clear understanding of factory sewing capabilities.
• Pattern Grading
• Sourcing of fabrics and trims
• Create matching or aligned pieces for a collection
Freelance Fashion Designer Requirements and Qualifications
• Portfolio of previous work
• In-depth understanding of design principles, sewing operations, grading and sourcing.
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills